Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Google Buys The Domain Android.Me – What Will They Do With It?


Now, I wouldn’t say this is the BIGGEST news we’ve heard today but I found it interesting. Apparently Google recently acquired the domain name Android.Me and although it’s not currently in use — just what are they planning to do with it?
Google is already using the domain Android.com to display some general information on the Android OS as well as provide updates and links to other Android services. They’ve also managed to snag a few other .me’s as well like google.me, gmail.me, adwords.me, adsense.me, plus.me, blogger.me, orkut.me and youtube.me.
But what could Android.Me be used for? Well, I suppose that’s anyone’s guess. Possibly a native URL shortener used by Ice Cream Sandwich? A personal Android hub to manage contacts, cloud storage, etc? Maybe they wont use it for anything? I’ll let you guys finish with some speculating of your own. Go!
[Via TechCrunch]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views Here