The Skyrocket will go on sale November 6th and will be one of AT&T’s pricier models, $249.99 on a two-year contract. It’s no Samsung Galaxy Nexus in terms of software, but it does best that device in some areas. Screen technology is an upgrade (though lower resolution) and the clock speed of the processor is increased. See the announcement below for more info.
Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
Lightning fast reflexes powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and AT&T 4G LTE speeds make the Galaxy S II Skyrocket faster for Web browsing and all your favorite apps. A Super AMOLED Plus display spanning 4.5-inches is the brightest, most colorful screen on the market.
The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket will arrive in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online Nov. 6 for $249.99 with a two-year commitment.
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display(800×480 pixels)
- Android Gingerbread (2.3.5)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, with 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video recording
- 16 GB of on-board memory, microSD expandable to an additional 32 GB